I have completed another week of the 21-day anti-procrastination challenge. Read on to find out how it’s going!
FROGGATT & CALVER
- Length of walk: 2.5 miles.
- Description: an easy walk with clearly marked pathways and a small section on the road. Mostly flat with no difficult sections.
- Tea: is available half-way round at The Eating House at Derbyshire Craft Centre, which is open 7 days a week, 10am-6pm.
- Parking: limited parking on the road in Froggatt village. There are a few spaces in a lay by just past the bridge.
- Recommended map: Ordinance Survey Explorer 24: The Peak District, White Peak Area.
I love tea, and I love getting out into the countryside: so one of my favourite hobbies is to combine the two.
I have been using Twitter for a while, without really paying much attention to whether or not I was using it correctly. However, having had a tweeting mistake pointed out to me, I started to wonder what else I’d been getting wrong! If, like me, you thought all you had to do was keep your message down to 140 characters, you might find the following pointers helpful. Continue reading
One of my SMART goals for this 21-day challenge was to increase my fluid, and specifically water, intake.
You will have seen I am an avid tea-drinker, and I have to confess the majority of that is caffeinated tea with it’s inevitable dehydrating effect. I am also aware that I suffer from regular headaches, fatigue and difficulty concentrating: all of which might be improved if I stay hydrated.
As a dentist, I would often tell my patients to ‘drink water or milk’ rather than the alternatives, knowing I really should be heading my own advice. Well. Now I am going to finally start practising what I preached!
For anyone like me who likes a neat and tidy inbox, do you spend a lot of time deleting emails that you aren’t that interested in, from companies that you accidentally agreed to be on a mailing list for? Would you like a simple solution? Continue reading
I’ve signed up to the 21-day ‘301 Student Skills and Development’ anti-procrastination challenge.
You may remember my earlier post, where I pointed out what a problem procrastination can be for me during the PhD process. While I was a bit concerned that this project could just be another way to take time away from writing, I have decided to jump in and give it a try.